How To Love Yourself

3:48:00 AM



If you know me, it shouldn't be news that I know how to pamper myself. Yes, pampering yourself is a big part of loving yourself abi will you pamper someone you don't love? I don't think so. My Ig page has "Choose your happiness first" as it's caption. This just means that with all the turns and turbulence of life, your happiness should be priority. Nothing good can come out of an unhappy soul believe me. Choosing your happiness first doesn't mean you are selfish and won't consider others but in this life's journey you can't afford to be miserable because you don't want to be selfish or because you don't want to offend people. My guy, love yasef and be happy. Anyway, this list is random and just writing as the blogging spirit leads. Yaass!

  • Have a good mindset. Your mind is in control of this life game fam. If it's messy up there, it will be messy both in and out. Your mindset should be top notch on life, school (no you are not dumb, you is smart you is wise), relationships with people, finances (if all you think about is how broke you are, you will remain broke until you use that mind space to look for how to get money)
  • Live freely with everyone. Don't be that judgmental judy everyone runs away from. Accommodate people that also know what self loving is. you will learn from them. 
  • Get to know yourself.  I don't know why people are more eager to get to know other people but barely know themselves. If you don't know yourself, how will you know who you can complement? I don't know why this analysis came to my head but imagine a universal socket that any plug can connect to. The plug will always get used why? Because no identity. Same as humans, if you don't know the limit to the rubbish you can take from people, you will just be a dumping ground. Smelly smelly
  • Do fun things alone. Yes a friend's company is good but have your alone time. Travel, go to a restaurant with a book or gadget etc. You'd be surprised to see your fun 'things to do alone' list grow. (hmm maybe I should create a list for myself). Let me tell you about the time I spontaneously went to Slovakia for 4 days. Got to my hotel room, went to the bath tub, turned on the water, lit some candles, put a series on the tab, got the wine and chocolate that came with the room and just soaked away. I posted a photo on bbm I think and till today some friends don't believe I was in Slovakia alone. Lol Hi friends! :) That was just day one. You can imagine the fun things I did for the rest of the trip. For me though, relaxing is one of the fun things I like to do. Gives one time to think.  
  • Find hidden talents and if you can't find them after searching highs and lows, create one. I appreciated myself more when I started baking. I was surprised at how quick I could learn something that was so foreign to me. Believe it or not I was falling for myself o. LOL I'm telling you. Like how can I be good at something just like that without prior knowledge thanks to google. Wait na lemme wash myself small. You see how these things link? If I didn't have my alone time, I wouldn't have thought of how to learn something new and exciting. 
  • When you are down, pamper yourself. I usually just go for a massage or manipedi. They help to calm the soul and if there's no money for that, buy some cheap wine, put some slow sleep inducing music on and meditate. Try to take your mind off what ever is troubling you and focus on what again? Yes, your happiness. Clap for yourself.  Oh and by the way, you don't have to be gloomy to pamper yourself. You can be spontaneous with that too. As per, let me surprise me. Lol it's like having 2 people in one. You are your best friend. Love it! 
  • At the end of it all, nobody can love you more than you love yourself (Well, except your parents). People will love you based on how much you love yourself and how you reflect to them. You can only reflect what is inside. Let it be lovely. Lastly, when you love yourself, no rumor or gossip can bring you down because you know you. 
I could go on but you know I mentioned that I'm writing as the spirit leads, e be like say this spirit wants to sleep. Will post the continuation and possibly the end of the Miss Random's Diary later today. 

Please fill the blog's survey here. Thanks

Love,
Dedun

You Might Also Like

0 comments

You know I'd love to hear from you. Please comment. Mwah

Footer