Unfold: One Sided Story

6:31:00 PM


My daughter came back from school grumpy and refused to eat her lunch. I got worried and after several attempts to find out what was wrong, she finally opened up when I threatened her. The shocking news she gave me left me speechless. The chills are still running down my spine as I type this.

Mum: What is wrong darling? Did anything go wrong at school today?

Ade: I'm fine mummy. 

Mum: You don't sound or look like it. Come here. 

Ade: I just want to sleep mummy. 

You see, Ade is thirteen and I've been told that children get secretive in their teenage years. For the past month, I've been trying my best to understand her better but she just wouldn't let me in. I didn't give my mother this much wahala. In spite of her keeping to herself, she's always happy and that is why I'm certain something is wrong today. I decided to follow her to her room to further persuade her to open up.

Mum: Ade this is not fair. I am your mother, you should be free with me. What is wrong? Or should I tell your daddy to ask you? 

Ade: No don't call him. 

Mum: Ok now I'm starting to lose my patience. Your father won't buy that bicycle again o

Ade: Mummy no I just don't know where to start from. Today I was bullied in school by a senior prefect. 

Mum: Go on

Ade: That is what happened.

Mum: (visibly angry) Is something wrong with you? What should I do with half baked story? Common, talk my friend. What did the prefect do?

Ade: Mummy don't be angry please. It's a long story.

Mum: Ade, if you don't start talking, I will slap it out of you

Ade: On Saturday after the coaching class, daddy forgot to pick me. Senior Tolu said he will walk me home. I told him our address and on our way home, he said he knew a shorter route. I didn't know the route but I followed him. We got to a corner with bushes and he pushed me down. Mummy he now licked me and tried to rape me but when I screamed, he slapped me and ran away.  (Ade burst into tears)

Mum: Mogbe!! Aladewura! Saturday was four days ago and you are just telling me today? I'm calling your father! Did he enter you? Ade tell me the truth

(Shouts for Ade's Dad)

Dad: Iwo Obinrin yi, ki lo de? Why are you screaming at the top of your lungs?

Mum: Come and hear your daughter o. Egbami ke. Tell your father what you just told me. Baba Ade do you still have the principal's number?

(Ade's mum furiously panting around the room) 

(Ade repeats her story)

Dad: How did you now get home?

Mum: Baba Ade, are you serious? Is it how she got home that is important?

Ade: I took okada with the money you gave me for lunch break.

Dad: Okay Iya Ade, this is a serious accusation. Let me check my phone, we will call the principal. 

Mum: Did he touch you again today? 

Ade: No but he punished me because I was a few seconds late to the assembly hall

Mum: Tolu abi what is his name? What's his surname? Where does he live? His parents and principal will hear of this. Baba Ade, where's the number? 

__
To be continued next week. Subscribe if you want to see how this unfolds.

Translations

Wahala- Trouble

Mogbe - I'm in trouble

Iwo Obinrin yi ki lo de? - You this woman what is wrong with you?

Egbami ke - Help me

Okada - Motorcycle

You Might Also Like

0 comments

You know I'd love to hear from you. Please comment. Mwah

Footer