Unfold: The Suspension

1:26:00 PM

Part 3 of the series. Part 1 here ;Part 2 here.

___
During the long break, Tolu and Ade went back to the Principal's office as instructed.

Principal: Tell me, which one of you lied?  I need a quick response before I decide to punish you two in front of the whole school.

Tolu: I did not lie ma. Ade knows she's the liar. Ade please tell the truth now.

Ade: Senior Tolu, I'm not lying against you.

Principal: Are you sure both of you are okay? What level of disrespect are you showcasing here? Back and forth on who lied. Since none of you will tell the truth, Tolu call me Ms Vivian my secretary, she needs to type your suspension letters. 

Tolu: Ah Ma, We are sorry ma. I swear I'm telling the truth. I'm in SS3 ma, I can't stop coming to school, my dad will kill me ma.

Principal: Write down your father's number here. I will give him a call. Both of you are dismissed till tomorrow morning. 

Next day. Ade's mum and Tolu's Dad made it to the Principal's office.

Principal: Good Morning, Mrs Banwo and Mr Beckley. I'm sure you both know why we are here this morning. 

Mrs Banwo: Wait, Dele you are Tolu's Dad? 

Principal: *Confused* I'm sorry you know each other?

Mrs Banwo & Mr Beckley: Yes

Mr Beckley: How are you Titi? Long time

Mrs Banwo: (Snobbishly) I'm fine. So principal what has been solved so far? I've asked Ade several times if she lied but she's sticking to her story. 

Principal: I also summoned them yesterday but none of them would confess. Hence why I have called you both here today. I do not want to bring this matter before the committee or involve other people because the allegations against Tolu are very serious. Rape is not a joking matter. If it gets out there, it will eventually involve you, the parents. Knowing that Mr Beckley here is a prominent Man of God, that will tarnish his image...

*Mrs Banwo interrupts*

Mrs Banwo: Please Please Please. What are you saying Madam Principal? I'm talking about my daughter who probably has been raped but you are talking about a pastor's image? The father? Has he bribed you? I know him o. Don't be fooled by this man of God cape he's wearing up and down. We go way back and...

Mr Beckley: Titi you talk too much. Let the principal finish her statement. We need to put heads together, solve this for our kids and not create another scandal out of it. 

Principal: As I was saying Sir and Ma, we don't want this to get out of hand. Not only will it hurt your reputation but also the school's and that is why I have come to the conclusion that both students will be punished and suspended till they are ready to tell the truth. We can't beat it out of them but I hope the suspension works and they confess, with your help too, soon. Here are the suspension letters for Tolu and Ade. I'm sorry about the situation but there's little we can do here to solve the issue except of course, you both don't mind involving the School's Committee. 

Mr Beckley: But Tolu is in his final class. Will that not hurt his education and final exams?

Principal: I know Sir but it's for the better good that one of them will confess sooner than later. 

Mrs Banwo: What rubbish. My daughter, who is the victim here, gets suspended for something she did not do? Is it not clear here that Tolu is like his Father? If I had known that Dele is Tolu's father, I would not have even bothered coming to you, Principal. Ask his Father, he knows what I'm talking about. Did you not attempt to rape my best friend Seun back in Uni Ilorin? Ah e mi naa so, my daughter can't lie to me. 

Principal and Mr Beckley look at Mrs Banwo with shocked facial expressions.

___
To be continued..

Translation
Ah e mi naa so - Ah I said it



You Might Also Like

0 comments

You know I'd love to hear from you. Please comment. Mwah

Footer